24 Nov, 2020Adversity Doesn’t Discriminate
Adversity Doesn’t Discriminate
“Business is a game, played for fantastic stakes. If you want to win, you have to learn to be a master of the game.” Sidney Sheldon
The game of business has shifted on a large scale, remarkably different since the start of the industrial revolution. Before people moved to live and work in the cities and now we are seeing a massive reverse of this trend. We now have work from home setups.
What is the long term impact of people working from home and being more isolated from interaction with people?
Humans have an incredible capacity to adapt and be resilient and this is why we have survived for millions of years. According to the UK Health Foundation, mental health has worsened by an average of 8.1% since the start of the Covid19
People need interventions and actionable techniques to deal with new ways of working more than ever. This is why we have been putting free masterclasses on building resilience. Over the last few weeks, I’ve been delivering a series of free masterclasses called “How To Get Ahead, Build Resilience and Stay Productive.“
Here are some highlights from one of the most recent events:
Any definition of resilience refers to; “The ability to return or recover from a disruptive event – in essence, that resilience requires a positive outcome.”
When there’s so much uncertainty it definitely takes a lot for a person to look to the future and be optimistic. Some people will make the most of what is going on, and find opportunities to grow, learn, and evolve. While others are hardly coping.
We have to help people get stronger, mentally, physically, and emotionally by giving support and coaching with tools, tips, techniques, and strategies that build resilience. so that people can move forward in a positive and optimistic way.
We will continue to put on these events to support and guide people by bridging the gap between what science says and practical actionable steps for change.
Register here for the event here. Friday the 27th at 1 pm.
- I will share how you can build the mental resilience that is needed for you to get ahead and stay productive during the challenges that you face with another lockdown.
- I will share some simple and powerful strategies that will help you build personal resilience for professional success.
You will learn:
- How to harness the skills and attributes you do have and develop those you don’t, enabling you to succeed at work.
- How to establish resilience and how to move forwards quickly when things go wrong.
- How to manage change, build resilience, and how to be an agent of optimism.